Pafco Truck Bodies, Inc. traces its beginnings to Ernst Pfaffmann, a wagon maker from Germany who made his way to the United States in 1929. After refining his craft for over fifteen years with another firm, Ernst went into business for himself. E. Pfaffmann Manufacturing Company was founded in 1946 as a manufacturer of commercial van bodies as well as component parts for a large industrial equipment manufacturer. The company continued to establish itself in the central Illinois market over the next 25 years. During this time, two of Ernst’s sons came to work for the Company. Max joined in 1964, followed by Robert in 1970. Shortly thereafter, in 1971, the Company was incorporated as Pafco Truck Bodies Inc. As Max and Robert assumed a leadership role, the Company’s focus gradually shifted from manufacturing its own entire product to distributing products from leading manufactures, although the company does continue to manufacture a limited number of items. Today Pafco Truck Bodies Inc., is primarily a distributor of various lines of truck equipment, most of which is purchased in an incomplete state and then installed by the Company.